Sunday, November 4, 2012


    (Disclaimer:  It is late and I am tired.  Anything I say here is most likely tainted by fatigue and thus cannot be taken offensively)
    Please excuse me as I go on a rant here.  
I would love to find a "home" church here in Texas.  One where you don't have to be a big financial backer, don't have to be part of one of the main families that dominate the church, one where I can send my kids to children's church while I get spiritually fed with other adults.  A church that when I am absent, someone actually notices.  I want the "church next door".  Do you hear me?  This is good stuff.  (Note: tone of sarcasm there)  I also am not ready to deal with a church that has constant "issues".  

    Yes, I am from California.  Get over it.  No, I don't already know where everything is here, or how things are done.  I tire of people assuming that I should already know, or they assume that I must be a snob since I am from California. (ok, so maybe I am a bit of a snob)  I also find it rude that so many people think that nothing good exists in California.  Yes, I miss my home state.  I am here now and trying to make the best of life.  I sure as heck didn't "get here as fast as I could".  Texas isn't perfect either.  

    I admit I find it slightly distressing that before my sons start dating (which we have a few more years to go before they hit that stage) we have to find out if they are related to the girl first.  Yes, the town is that small.  

No comments: