Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Further realizations and questions about hair and faith

I have to say, some of the reasons I gave for shaving my head, are so true.  The amount of time I now take in getting ready has decreased drastically.  I haven't touched the shampoo or conditioner in a week and a half.  Sorry *Pantene.

However, there are some drawbacks and insights to this too.

1. My head gets cold very easily.
    A.  Solution: wear a hat or scarf on my head.
          1. Plus: variety is fun, and I have an excuse to increase my hat and scarf collection.
          2. Minus: after a while, it gets to be bothersome.
    B.  Babies' heads get cold.  Even if they aren't complaining about it, because they haven't figured     that part out, their little head is cold.  Cover it up.  I have always been bothered by seeing new             babies with no hat to keep their heads warm.  Now that I have no hair to protect my head, I                 really am bothered by the sight of a baby without a hat.  It's not summertime yet, y'all.
2. My head gets hot easily when it's warm outside and the sun is beating down.
    A.  Solution: Sunblock and/or light hat
    B.  Minus: I live in Texas, and the weather changes constantly.

Here's an odd one I bet you never thought about:  In searching for head covers to keep my head warm, protect it from the sun, and provide an amount of modesty to my head when needed (like in prayer), I have found that most coverings suitable for a woman with no hair, are marketed toward cancer patients.  Every one I have searched on Amazon has been labeled a "chemo cap".  Hmmm.

Final thought for today: in 1 Corinthians 11:2-15, the focus of men and women's hair and coverings seems to revolve around when praying and prophesying.  Nothing mentioned, that I see, about just normal every day life.  So that being said, why is it that so many of the conservative Christian women that wear head coverings, wear them all the time, not just in prayer and prophecy?  Is there an additional reason that is in the Bible or is this simply a tradition that they choose to do regardless of what the Bible says?  Curiosity here, not criticizing.

No comments: