Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This summer has been a complete suckfest.  Ok, the second part of this summer has been a complete suckfest, sprinkled with small amounts of witty comments and such.  
There has been a most unwanted summer cold thing going around Winnsboro this month.  Cough, fever, etc.  Not fun and not wanted.  It has made its way through my entire household, which is a rarity in itself.  Usually a couple of us manage to make it out unscathed.  It has even reached people in my family who are outside my immediate household.  Maybe that's the problem with small towns.  What goes around comes around.  
All health and wellness aside, I have come up with a new saying tonight:  "There is a fine line between sarcasm and unsolicited advice.  I enjoy walking that line on a fairly regular basis."  I wonder how much trouble that is going to get me into.  I sort of posted it on Pastor Rose's facebook page. (note: currently biting lower lip in amused worry)
Also, this evening as Everette and I were cooking dinner, Elisha (4 yr old) comes into the kitchen and asks "What's for dinner? Because whatever it is, I don't like it. Is it meatloaf?"  
Now mind you, what was for dinner was steak, pasta with pesto and corn.  By the way, it was very delicious.  Later, at the table he says, "what's that?".  I said "It's Pesto sauce".  "I don't like it."  "How can you say you don't like it when you haven't even tasted it?"  At this point I realize that I lost this battle long before it even started.  Sadly I feel there are many more ahead for me like this one that I will inevitably lose.  
Everette made Mac n Cheese for lunch today.  Elisha didn't want that, he wanted a sandwich.  Now usually that means a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Alas, today he didn't want the peanut butter.  I don't get it.  But apparently he feels the need to assert some sort of authority and control in his little world.  Ok, I can roll with this.  I hope.  

No comments: